Forums

Forum Home > Typos & Errors > Typos and errors in lessons

Apraxas
Administrator

I think it will be far easier for you and me ( and to keep the forums clean) that I just post all the errors I find on a single thread so you can find them easily ;] instead of making 1 thread per lesson. Is that ok?

6. 王女 (Queen) in lesson 5, should be princess

October 1, 2013 at 5:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

IMABI
Site Owner

Very strange. I can almost vividly remember having 女王 as the word rather than the other way around, which is of course a word with the meaning of "princess". Thank you again for continously finding these strange quirks. If my memory serves me correctly, Lesson 5 has had relatively recent shuffling. 

I would prefer them to be in a thread like this because titles like "lesson 35" are a little bit misleading as to what your discussion is about. Since there are parts of the forums for material discussion, which can then be narrowed down to particular lessons, this idea is by far the better option. Or, if you think it's rather minor, you can always just send me an e-mail because I will be notified more quickly. 

--

いまび

October 1, 2013 at 5:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

IMABI
Site Owner

I actually did find a weird quirk to the lesson. My site builder had the lesson marked as me having an unpublished draft for it, which I can't ever recall having edited parts of it without publishing it. Another strange thing was that the lines in the section where this problem was weren't properly alligned. So, it was no doubt due to a mishap in dragging/copying and pasting. I wouldn't want to choose 王女 because of the alternative spelling 皇女 for that lesson anyway.

I also made the intro to that lesson better, so thanks again for pointing this out.  

--

いまび

October 1, 2013 at 5:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Apraxas
Administrator

Ok I'll just keep posting here ;]

October 1, 2013 at 5:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Apraxas
Administrator

Lesson 13, swapped them out in the last column
October 8, 2013 at 8:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

IMABI
Site Owner

That's weird. Damn. I remember making that section too and had a flashback about trying to move things around....thanks. 

--

いまび

October 8, 2013 at 10:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Apraxas
Administrator

Lesson 15 も
Most likely is も here instead of は, but I'd like to make sure first.
October 9, 2013 at 10:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

IMABI
Site Owner

Quite right. Though the sentence there is grammatical. 

--

いまび

October 10, 2013 at 1:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Apraxas
Administrator

Lesson 17

どういたしまして。

October 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

IMABI
Site Owner

Damn. What a stupid little typo. 

--

いまび

October 10, 2013 at 11:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Apraxas
Administrator

Lesson 18

Furigana error 閉まって

You also have a  Practice (6) right after  Practice (2) in the keys section, most likely a copy paste error from somewhere else since the lesson only has 3 practices.
October 13, 2013 at 8:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

IMABI
Site Owner

The problem with the numbers in the practice sections isn't surprising. I'll get that fixed. The Furigana "error" is actually just old-fashioned and not necessarily wrong. You can find this in literature where more recently instituted Okurigana guidelines have no reign. 

--

いまび

October 14, 2013 at 5:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Apraxas
Administrator

Lesson 24

By using the previous info and examples on the も lesson, I believe it most likely means,
The animal has a weight of at least 200 kilogram.  
The animal is no less than 200 kg in weight.

Or something along those lines. What do you think?
October 17, 2013 at 9:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

IMABI
Site Owner

Yes, my apologies. I probably changed up the sentence but not the translation. Thanks for spotting that. The first suggestion of yours is best in my opinion. 

--

いまび

October 17, 2013 at 10:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Apraxas
Administrator

壁にひびが入っている。

There are cracks in the walk.

Lesson 第??課: ~ている

Just a typo for wall.

October 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

IMABI
Site Owner

Yes...a typo for wall. k is right next to l on the keyboard. I'll get that fixed. lol

--

いまび

October 17, 2013 at 11:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Apraxas
Administrator

Lesson 27

妹はサンタ・クロースは来ないと思っています。

My little sister doesn't think that Santa Claus will come.

This is not necessarily wrong, but I'd recommend changing the translation to something like 

"My little sister thinks that Santa Claus won't come."

just to keep in in line with this explanation you gave a bit earlier in the same lesson.

雨が降らないと思う。= I think that it won't rain.

雨が降ると思わない。 = I don't think that it will rain. 

The second and last are similar, but the last is more emphatic. This is because you're rejecting that "雨が降る" is what you think. You'd generally say "雨が降らないと思う"."

October 23, 2013 at 9:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

IMABI
Site Owner

Very true. Thanks for catching that. I got it fixed. 

--

いまび

October 23, 2013 at 10:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Apraxas
Administrator

Lesson 28

スミスさんはどこで何を壊しましたか。

Where and what did John break?

Smith

指サイズはいくつ?

What's your finger size?

Literally: How much is your finger size?

In the table in the same lesson 

you mentioned 幾つ was how many (I kinda relate it to the 一つ、二つ counters)、  so I found it weird you said how much is finger size

The sentence may be correct and I simply didn't understand it but just wanted to point this to verify.

October 25, 2013 at 11:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Apraxas
Administrator

君のスリーサイズはいくつ?

What are your measurements?

I managed to find this sentence so yeah I think it was right to begin with, Maybe add a little note or something to explain the use here? :]

October 26, 2013 at 12:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.